Today’s Reading: Jonah 1:17-2:10
Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the fish’s belly. And he said: “I cried out to the Lord because of my affliction, and He answered me. Out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and You heard my voice.”
Sermon Main Idea: Let go of your pride and go deep in your faith.
Listen to Rev. Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla. Reflect on the Text Points and Life Notes below.
Text Notes: God saves, Jonah prays (v.17-2:2). Jonah accredits his dilemma to God (v.3-6). Jonah condemns, but does not confess (v.7-9).
- Superficial spirituality avoids the depth of our sin.
- How does pride keep us from realizing the depth of our sin?
- What should we know about facing the depth of our sin?
- God saves according to His provision, not our preference.
- Do you have any examples of God saving you in a way you did not prefer but later praised Him for?
- Why does God save in ways that are not according to our preference?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, I praise You for Your salvation. Thank you for saving me from the depth of my sin. Show me how to surrender more to the daily work You are doing in my life. In Jesus’ Name, AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com): Luke 10:21-42; Genesis 18; Psalm 11