December 20, 2020
Today’s Reading: Acts 12:1-19
Then Peter came to himself and said, “Now I know for certain that the Lord has sent His angel and rescued me from Herod’s grasp and from all that the Jewish people expected.”
Come to our Sunday Worship Service OR Listen to Rev. Moegagogo Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla.
Reflect on the Notes below in our Life Group Zoom, Mondays at 7:30PM.
Sermon Main Idea: The Gospel is unstoppable because God is unbeatable.
- The Martyrdom of James (v.1-5)
- Herod harasses the Church during the time of famine.
- James is martyred by the sword.
- Herod seizes Peter to martyr him after Passover.
- The Miracle for Peter (v. 6-11)
- Peter is bound, asleep, and ready for death.
- An angel wakes Peter and leads him out of prison.
- Peter realizes this was not a vision, but God has rescued Him.
- The Muddle at Mary’s (v. 12-17)
- The believers are praying for Peter at Mary’s house.
- Peter arrives and fumbling ensues until the door is opened.
- Peter recalls what God has done and sends a report to James (brother of Jesus) and the believers in Jerusalem.
- The Madness of Herod (v. 18-19)
- A great commotion occurs when Peter is found missing.
- Herod executes his own men and leaves for Caesarea.
Life Note: Share Christ to share life.
- What are some things that keep us from trusting God?
- How can we be more like Peter who sleeps in the face of death?
- What does it mean to have a “winning attitude” toward the work of God?
Prayer: Almighty Lord, You are Powerful. You are Unstoppable, capable of anything. I thank You for the miraculous ways You work. As You continue to allow me to participate in what You do, please help me to trust in You completely. Help me to move confidently in Your Victorious and Sovereign Reign. In Jesus’ Precious Name I pray, AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com):John 8:1-20; 2 Chronicles 1:1-2:16; Zechariah14