December 13, 2020
Today’s Reading: Acts 11:19-30
So each of the disciples, according to his ability, determined to send relief to the brothers who lived in Judea. This they did, sending it to the elders by means of Barnabas and Saul.
Come to our Sunday Worship Service OR Listen to Rev. Moegagogo Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla.
Reflect on the Notes below in our Life Group Zoom, Mondays at 7:30PM.
Sermon Main Idea: God builds His Church to bless.
- God’s power propels the Gospel message. (v. 19-21)
- Scattered believers preach to Jews/Gentiles in Antioch.
- The hand of the Lord was with them.
- A “large number who believed” turn to the Lord.
- Barnabas and Saul bolster the Antiochian Church. (v. 22-26)
- Barnabas encourages the believers to cling to the Lord.
- Saul and Barnabas teach the believers for a year.
- The believers are first called Christians at Antioch.
- The Antiochian Church aids the Jerusalem Church. (v. 27-30)
- Agabus foretells by the Spirit a great famine in the Empire.
- The Antiochians give what they can to help their Church family in Judea.
- The believers send help in the care of Barnabas and Saul.
Life Note: You are blessed by God to be a blessing for God.
- What does it mean to bless God?
- What happens when we focus on what God can do for us more than we do on what God can do through us?
- What are some ways God has blessed you? Reflect on some ways God might be wanting to use those blessings to be a blessing for Him.
Prayer: Almighty God, You are the Great Provider. All things in heaven and earth belong to You. Thank You for all that You continue to give so generously and so freely. I know that every good and perfect gift is from Your loving Hand. As You bless me, Lord, teach me how to bless others. Use me as a conduit to reach those in need of Your care. Show me how to love and give and generously and richly as You love and give. In Jesus’ Precious Name I pray, AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com): John 5:1-18; 1 Chronicles 18-19; Zechariah7