October 18, 2020
Today’s Reading: Acts 8:25-40
Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Go south to the road—the desert road—that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” So he started out…
Come to our Sunday Worship Service OR Listen to Rev. Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla.
Reflect on the Notes below in our Life Group Zoom, Mondays at 7:30PM.
Sermon Main Idea: The Spirit leads, the Church follows.
- Philip is sent into the desert. (v.25-27a)
- The desert road was a trade highway; risky for travelers.
- Philip obeys the angel’s command, as odd as it sounded.
- Philip is led to a man seeking answers. (v.27b-34)
- An Ethiopian court official is on the same road as Philip.
- The Spirit directs Philip to join the official.
- The court official invites Philip to guide him in Scripture.
- Philip leads that man to Jesus. (v.35-40)
- Philip preaches Jesus to the official.
- The official seeks baptism and Philip walks him through it.
Life Note: Be led by the Spirit to lead others to Jesus.
- What does it mean to be led by the Spirit?
- Can you share some examples of when you have been led by the Spirit?
- How do we know when it is the Spirit leading us and when it is something else?
- What happens when you do not wait on the Spirit’s leading?
- What are some things we can do to help us be led by the Spirit?
- Can we lead others to Jesus without being led by the Spirit? Why/why not?
Prayer: Almighty God, thank You for Your guidance and for Your leading. I praise You for the ways You allow me to take part in Your Good Work. As I continue to follow You, Lord, help me not only to see where You’re leading me, but help me to follow after You, too. I pray all of these things in Jesus’ Name. In Your Precious Name I pray, AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com): Mark 8:22-9:1; 2 Samuel 20-21; Hosea 1:1-2:1