November 22, 2020
Today’s Reading: Acts 10:1-23
“Get up, go downstairs, and accompany them with no doubts at all, because I have sent them.”
Come to our Sunday Worship Service OR Listen to Rev. Moegagogo Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla.
Reflect on the Notes below in our Life Group Zoom, Mondays at 7:30PM.
Sermon Main Idea: God reaches the unbeliever’s heart and refines the believer’s faith.
- God reaches Cornelius. (v.1-8)
- Cornelius knows God, but he does not know Jesus.
- God intervenes on Cornelius’ behalf with a vision.
- Cornelius obeys and sends messengers to Peter.
- God refines Peter’s faith. (v.9-16)
- Peter knows Jesus, but his faith is still growing.
- God gives Peter a confusing vision and confusing command.
- Peter initially resists, but God continues to reveal.
- God confirms His work. (v.17-23)
- The meeting of Peter and Cornelius’ messengers confirms God’s involvement in Cornelius and Peter’s lives.
Life Note: God refines our faith when we obey in faith.
- When are we firm and when are we flexible when it comes to faith? And what informs our firmness and flexibility?
- What are some ways God is refining you personally?
- What are some new things about God’s Word you have learned this year?
- How is our learning part of God’s refining of us?
Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for continuing to refine my faith in You as I seek You. Thank Your for Your Grace which causes me to grow in Your likeness, and for the assurance that You have not stopped working in and through me. Please help me to develop better understanding of how I might be used by You. In Jesus’ Precious Name I pray, AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com): 1 Corinthians 16; 2 Kings 12-13; Micah 3