Today’s Reading: Acts 24:1-21
And when the governor had nodded to him to speak, Paul replied: “Knowing that for many years you have been a judge over this nation, I cheerfully make my defense.”
Sermon Thoughts: The Church must always be found guilty of living a blameless life for Christ.
- The Prosecution Against Paul (v.1-9)
- First Charge: The Sedition
- Second Charge: Sectarianism
- Third Charge: Sacrilege against the Temple
Paul’s Defense (v.10-21)
- First Rebuttal: The prosecution lacks truth.
- Second Rebuttal: Christianity is the true form of Judaism.
- Third Rebuttal: The Resurrection is the real issue.
Sovereign LORD, thank You for drawing near to me in Your mercy and grace. Thank You for the opportunities You grant me to be a part of Your magnificent plan. Please teach me and train me to be obedient in following after You, that I would grow in more understanding and knowledge of Your Truth. In Jesus’ Name I pray, AMEN.