March 07, 2020
Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 6:1-9
Listen, Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is One. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
Come to our Sunday Worship Service OR Listen to Rev. Moegagogo Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla.
Reflect on the Sermon with us at our Life Group Zoom, Mondays at 7:30PM.
Sermon Main Idea: Loving God means living for God.
- God is the Giver of the Law and of Life. (v.1-3)
- Israel is to keep the Law God has given them that they may live the life God has gifted them.
- God is the One and Only. (v.4)
- Moses identifies God as the only God; that there is none like the LORD.
- Moses’ concern here is whether Israel will remain exclusive to the one true God or worship false gods.
- God’s people live for God alone. (v.5)
- God’s people must love Him with everything they have.
- God’s people live for God in all things (v.6-9)
- God’s people will love God inwardly, outwardly, and publicly.
Life Note: Live for the God who died for you.
Prayer: Eternal God, thank You for Your great Love shown to us Your people, for by Your Grace revealing Who You are. I see in Your Word that there is no other God but You. I know from Your Truth that You have gifted me with life in which to worship and praise You. Please help me to live for You in all things. Show me how to love You not only inwardly, but also outwardly and publicly. Let my life be one which pleases You. I pray all of these things in Jesus’ Name, AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com): James 3; Jeremiah 25-26; Psalm 131